powered by LeadingAge New York

DUNS Number Requirement for Voucher Submissions Starting Dec. 1, 2017

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has announced that beginning on Dec. 1, 2017, all vouchers submitted to the Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) must include a Dun & Bradstreet’s (DB) Data Numbering System (DUNS) Number. Any voucher that does not contain an active DUNS number will generate a TRACS “fatal error” and will not receive payment until corrected. In addition to including an active DUNS number, each submitting entity must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM), an official website of the U.S. government. Entities must register or reactivate with SAM annually to maintain their eligibility to receive financial assistance. There is no charge for registering an entity with SAM.

The following are resources to assist you in checking, registering, or renewing your DUNS numbers:

  • HUD Memorandum: DUNS Number Required on all Voucher Submissions, June 2, 2017
  • DUNS numbers can be registered and renewed on this website
  • Guidance for renewing your DUNS number
  • SAM Federal Service Desk for technical support questions: 1-866-606-8220

Contact: Sara Neitzel, sneitzel@leadingageny.org, 518-867-8835