Call For Presentations
LeadingAge New York invites you to submit your proposal(s) for engaging topical educational sessions that are relevant to the continuum of aging services settings. In person and virtual conferences, seminars, and summits will be held throughout the year to provide information, education and training to long term care professionals working in nursing homes, assisted living and adult homes, CCRCs, supportive and independent housing, as well as home and community-based services.
The LeadingAge New York Annual Conference & Exposition will be held virtually on May 19, 20, 25, 26 and 27, 2021. We convene hundreds of CEOs, administrators, executive team members and their staff for this unparalleled opportunity to learn, network and grow. This is your chance to share innovative and effective models, best practices, cutting edge research, late breaking updates and critical information, providing your colleagues and/or clients with new approaches and solutions to address the issues currently confronting them.
Other conferences include:
- Housing Professionals Conference - virtual webinar series to be held over March 16, 17, 18, 23 and 24, 2021
- Financial Professionals Conference and Exposition – in person sessions to be held in early September with virtual programming on several days in the following weeks
- Recreation & Activity Professionals Conference - virtual webinar series to be held over several days at the end of October
- Nursing & Social Work Professionals Conference and Exposition – in person conference to be held in November
Conference programs are designed to accommodate a variety of learning formats including traditional instruction, case studies, panel discussions, facilitated networking, and innovative approaches. Sessions featuring LeadingAge NY members or highlighting their innovative practices are of particular value. Selling, promoting, or pitching any specific product or service is prohibited. For a list of suggested presentation topics, click here.
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Relevance to service providers across the levels of long term care
- Overall quality of content
- Timeliness of subject matter
- Qualifications, expertise and experience of the featured speaker(s) or panel
- Potential for interaction between the presenter and attendees, or among attendees
For all programs, please complete the online proposal form.
Session proposals for the Annual Conference & Exposition must be received no later than January 15, 2021. Applicants will be notified by March 1, 2021 if their submission has been selected. All other submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants will be notified 10 weeks prior to the program if their submission has been selected. Submissions must meet all guidelines. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for review.
Presentations made to LeadingAge New York members are considered contributions to the profession and all related expenses (such as honoraria, travel, and program development) are the responsibility of the presenter(s).