More Vaccination Options in NYC
New York City (NYC) recently expanded walk-in eligibility at City-run vaccination sites to those age 50+, plus a companion, which includes a home care worker. Flyers with information about the sites and their hours of operation are available here (in English) and here (in Spanish).
Additionally, there are now many available appointments across the city. Any health care personnel, including home care workers, who have had difficulty scheduling an appointment in the past should try again now.
- NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Finder
- Currently approximately 100 sites across NYC with open appointments.
- Vax4NYC Vaccine Hub
- This site makes it much easier for home care agencies to make appointments on behalf of their workers; no account creation is required. Agencies should provide the appointment ID number, location, date, and time if the home care worker does not have access to email to receive the confirmation email.
- NYC Homebound In-Home Vaccination Interest Form
- Registration for homebound for in-home vaccination.
NYSIIS Reporting Update
The Department of Health (DOH) has elevated LeadingAge NY’s concerns regarding errors in the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) for nursing home and adult care facility (ACF) staff and resident vaccination data entered by pharmacy partners during the federal Pharmacy Partnership for Long Term Care. DOH has reached out to all facilities that have expressed concerns thus far and is working with Walgreens and CVS to correct the reporting errors.
Members should review their NYSIIS data to ensure that it is fully documented in the system. Members have reported that some individuals who were fully vaccinated at the on-site clinics are not listed in the system. Members have also reported errors and only portions of vaccination data in the system. Some indicate vaccination data for individuals not vaccinated. Some errors are resulting in staff and residents appearing not fully vaccinated, causing local health departments to quarantine and furlough individuals who should not have to due to their status as fully vaccinated.
Members are encouraged to audit their NYSIIS reporting data to assess its accuracy. If there are errors or omissions in any resident or staff NYSIIS data, please reach out to Meg Everett at email@example.com.