State Vaccinator Training Resources Now Available
The Department of Health (DOH) is seeking health care professionals (HCP) to enroll in COVID-19 Vaccinator Training to bulk up the workforce administering the vaccine at Point of Dispensing (POD) sites organized by regional vaccination networks. HCP eligible for the training include:
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Pharmacists who are not certified to administer immunizations by the State Education Department (SED)
- Midwives who are not certified to administer immunizations by SED
- Dental hygienists*
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians
- Students in eligible education programs (medicine, nursing, physician assistant (PA), pharmacy, dentistry, podiatry, and midwifery)
*Must have been issued a dental hygiene restricted local infiltration anesthesia/nitrous oxide analgesia certificate
All POD sites must have oversight from or be approved by DOH or the applicable Local Health Department and must have medical oversight by a licensed physician, licensed PA, or certified nurse practitioner (NP).
The training program includes several online courses as well as an in-person clinical and assessment component. Eligible providers must also have a certificate in CPR, and eligible HCP students must have one year of clinical training to apply.
Contact: Meg Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-929-9342