Testing Location Resources
LeadingAge NY has compiled the following resources in an effort to assist member staff and resident families with adhering to recent requirements on staff testing and family visitation.
- First, we recommend calling the NYS COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-364-3065 to schedule a test.
- All State-run testing sites are free, and tests are unlimited. However, not every county has a State-run testing site, and for some, the nearest location may be a 1-2-hour drive away. Click here for a comprehensive list of all State-run testing sites (as of Sept. 17, 2020).
- When you call to schedule an appointment, stay on the phone and press 1 to speak with a customer service representative.
- Explain that you need a free COVID-19 test, and provide your location.
- Tests are scheduled for day of and up to 2 days in advance.
- Test results typically take 2-7 business days.
- Most State-run testing sites are closed on Sundays.
- Free Testing at Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Many, but not all, Rite Aid Pharmacy locations are offering free testing.
- There is no need for a display of COVID-19 symptoms or doctor’s order.
- To find a Rite Aid offering free COVID-19 testing, click here.
- Free Testing at CVS Pharmacy
- Many CVS locations are offering free COVID-19 testing for those with health insurance or federal program for uninsured.
- However, testing is being prioritized for individuals with potential exposure to COVID-19 and people displaying symptoms.
- Click here and enter your zip code to take an assessment.
- The Department of Health website offers a database of COVID-19 testing locations.
- Simply enter your zip code to view a variety of locations that are offering testing.
- Many of these locations include an out-of-pocket cost for testing. They are not free.
- When using this resource, take note of the following information that is made available under each location listing:
- Do they require a Physician Order?
- Do they require that an individual be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 in order to receive testing?
- Do they require an appointment?
- Price of testing is not listed on this site. Call ahead! Ask if they offer free COVID-19 testing.
- Click here to begin your search for local testing sites.
Questions? Please contact Sarah Daly at email@example.com.