Provider Relief Funding Extension
Although the deadline to initiate a Provider Relief Funding (PRF) application passed on Oct. 26, 2021, some providers have an additional week to complete the application process. Applicants who submitted their Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) for validation prior to the Oct. 26th deadline now have until Nov. 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. to submit a completed application. Providers who submitted their TIN for validation prior to the deadline, and that TIN is later validated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), can take advantage of the application deadline extension. Information on completing the application can be found using the links below.
Application Tools and Resources:
- Application Instructions
- “How to Apply” Flow Chart
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- PRF Phase 4 – Terms and Conditions
- American Rescue Plan (ARP) Rural – Terms and Conditions
During webinars, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the division of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the PRF, has emphasized that the name used on the application must be spelled exactly as it appears on the IRS W-9 form. HRSA estimates that it will distribute the ARP rural provider payments by late November, likely before Thanksgiving, and the Phase 4 General Distribution payments will be made to providers by mid-December.
We remind members who received more than $10,000 in PRF funding prior to July 1, 2020 that reporting associated with that funding was due through the PRF Reporting Portal by Sept. 30th. However, HRSA has provided a 60-day grace period to the Sept. 30th deadline in response to challenges providers are facing given recent COVID-19 surges and natural disasters around the country. HRSA stresses that:
- While you are considered to be out of compliance if you did not submit your report by Sept. 30, 2021, recoupment or other enforcement actions will not be initiated during the 60-day grace period.
- The grace period began on Oct. 1, 2021 and will end on Nov. 30, 2021.
Contact: Ken Allison, email@example.com, 518-867-8820