Funds Available to Meet Mental Health Needs of Older Adults
The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) has released a Request For Proposals (RFP) to support partnerships that address the behavioral health needs of older adults. The RFP, entitled "Partnership Innovation for Older Adults," will make available a total of up to $10M over a period of five years. Up to eight programs will be funded with awards of up to $200,000 annually.
Applicants are expected to form "triple partnerships" among mental health, substance use disorder, and aging services providers. These triple partnerships will be required to:
- Access behavioral health services for those in aging services programs who need them;
- access aging services for those in behavioral health services programs who need them;
- develop and utilize substantial mobile outreach and off-site services capacity to identify at-risk older adults in the community who are not connected to the service delivery system and those who encounter difficulties accessing needed services;
- assess their needs for behavioral health, aging, and other services;
- provide and/or access services to address unmet needs; and
- utilize technological innovations such as telecare, telemedicine, telepsychiatry, and mobile technologies.
Eligible applicants include not-for-profit and local-government-operated providers funded or licensed by OMH that operate outpatient behavioral health programs for adults. State-operated programs are not eligible to respond to this RFP. Organizations that do not meet the criteria may partner with an eligible applicant, but are not eligible to apply directly. If a contract is awarded, the eligible organization will be the recipient of the grant and the contractor responsible for fiscal and program operations.
Non-binding letters of Intent and questions concerning the RFP are due May 12, 2016. Letters of intent should include the bidder's email address and must be sent to:
Questions concerning the RFP must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on May 12th to Carol.Swiderski@omh.ny.gov. Applications are due June 14, 2016 by 4:30 pm.
Contact: Karen Lipson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8383 ext. 124. .