Online Social Security Accounts
Last week, the United States Social Security Administration (SSA) promoted their National My Social Security Week with the goal of encouraging more beneficiaries to open online “my Social Security” accounts.
The SSA promotion lists the following benefits of establishing such an account:
- A resource for retirement planning;
- Real time verification of earnings and benefits and instant benefit verification letters;
- Online benefit application;
- Update address and phone number online; and
- Update direct deposit information online.
To create a “my Social Security” account, you must be at least 18 years old and have a:
- Valid email address;
- Social Security number; and
- U.S. mailing address.
The application process is open any time at the link listed above. Human resource managers may find this helpful information to share with employees; and social work and billing office staff may find this useful in assisting customers.
Contact: Patrick Cucinelli, email@example.com, 518-867-8827