MLTC Plans Reminded to Complete COBA Attachment
Federal regulations now require that states with a Coordination of Benefits Agreement (COBA) with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ensure that Medicaid managed care organizations receive all crossover claims for Medicare Parts A and B services utilized by dually eligible beneficiaries. Plans must also participate in automated crossover claims processing.
In order to implement this requirement, plans must enter into New York's COBA agreement with CMS. The prepopulated COBA attachments were sent to Medicaid managed care plans on May 24, 2021 and must be completed and returned to this email address by Tues., June 15, 2021. Plans are advised to:
- Include a separate COBA Attachment for each applicable line of business.
- Not alter or remove sections of the Attachment that were prepopulated by the Department of Health (DOH).
- Complete those sections of the Attachment as set forth in the May 25, 2021 presentation available here.
- Include a signed and notarized copy of the COBA Attestation.
- Indicate in the email whether or not your plan is ready for testing with the Benefit Coordination and Recovery Center (BCRC) starting in July.
Contact: Karen Lipson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8838