State Releases RFP for "Partnership to Support Aging in Place" Program
The New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to invite eligible applicants to submit proposals for developing a “Partnership to Support Aging in Place” program to support adults, age 55 and older, to age in place in either OMH supportive housing or other community-located housing where older adults reside. The RFP calls for the development of local partnerships between behavioral health and aging support services to provide outreach, off-site services and supports, engagement with peers, and the innovative use of technology to meet the unmet needs of older adults in New York. This round of grants will focus on supporting aging in place for individuals, age 55 and older, with mental health and substance abuse issues and will focus on communities severely impacted by COVID-19. The RFP can be used to expand or enhance existing programs or can be used to develop a new program that meets all of the program requirements. A minimum of six awards will be made, funded up to $300,000 a year. Proposals will be ranked/scored for award within the available $9,000,000.
Eligible applicants are either:
- Not-for-profit agencies with 501(c)(3) incorporation that are funded or licensed by OMH and operate outpatient programs for adults; or
- Local government units in New York State. (State-operated programs are not eligible to respond to this RFP.)
Agencies that do not meet eligible applicant criteria may partner with an eligible applicant, but they themselves would not be able to respond to this RFP.
Important dates to keep in mind for this RFP are:
- RFP Release Date: April 15, 2021
- Questions Due: May 6, 2021
- Questions and Answers Posted on Website: May 27, 2021
- Letters of Intent to Bid Due: June 3, 2021
- Proposals Due: by 4 P.M. EST on June 16, 2021
- Anticipated Award Notification: July 27, 2021
- Anticipated Contract Start Date: Jan. 1, 2022
All questions or requests for clarification concerning the RFP must be submitted in writing to the Issuing Officer by email to email@example.com by 4 p.m. EST on May 6, 2021.
The full text of the RFP is available here.
Contact: Sara Neitzel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8835