Telehealth Survey Closes Dec. 15th
The Department of Health (DOH) is conducting a survey of all health care providers to gain knowledge of providers' experiences using telehealth during the COVID-19 State of Emergency. The Department will use the results of this survey to inform post-pandemic telehealth policy development. The information gathered from this survey will be shared with, and help inform the work of, the Reimagine New York Commission. More information on the Reimagine New York Commission is available here.
The survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. All clinicians are encouraged to respond; however, please limit to one survey response per individual clinician. DOH is interested in gathering perspectives from clinicians from the same organization, especially if clinicians have different perspectives. Clinicians must submit survey responses as soon as possible. The survey will close on Dec. 15, 2020.
With the rapid transition to telehealth during the State of Emergency, providers may have received surveys from multiple state agencies. Surveys administered over the summer by the Department's Office of Quality and Patient Safety (OQPS) had a focus on provider well-being, and the Office of Mental Health (OMH) survey had a focus on consumer experience with behavioral health services. For providers who are exclusively OMH-licensed and who previously participated in the comprehensive OMH survey, the Department welcomes provider responses but understands if providers do not have the resources to complete another survey at this time.
Below are COVID-19 telehealth guidance resources issued by New York State and referenced in the survey:
- Medicaid Update Special Edition: Comprehensive Telehealth Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Medicaid Telehealth Guidance during the COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Webinar: New York State Medicaid Guidance Regarding Telehealth, Including Telephonic, Services During the COVID-19 Emergency
- DOH Weekly Health Provider Webinars
- Division of Financial Services (DFS): Information for Insurers and Providers on Coverage for Telehealth Services
- OMH: Use of Telephone and Two-Way Video Technology by OMH-Licensed, Funded or Designated Providers and Clients Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS): Telepractice FAQs
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD): Interim Guidance Regarding the Use of Telehealth/COVID-19
Thank you for partnering with the Department to improve the use of telehealth across New York State.
Contact: Meg Carr Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-929-9342