Final Reminder: 2018 LHCSA Statistical Report Due This Week
Members should be aware that the deadline for submission of the 2018 Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA) Statistical Report and the 2018 Assisted Living Program (ALP) LHCSA Statistical Report is this week. The reports are available on the Healthcare Financial Data Gateway section of the Health Commerce System (HCS). Instructions for filling them out are in the training section for home care on the HCS. Please note that the due date is Sat., Nov. 16, 2019.
All LHCSAs are required to submit the LHCSA Statistical Report. The report includes the annual registration reporting process for LHCSAs. If your agency opened in 2019, you will need to complete and submit the Agency Form and the Registration Form. LHCSAs that are exclusively Fiscal Intermediaries (FIs) must also complete the LHCSA Statistical Report.
To clarify, all ALP LHCSAs must submit the 2018 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. An ALP LHCSA serving patients in the community must also fill out and submit all sections of the 2018 LHCSA Statistical Report to report data for these community patients. However, an ALP LHCSA that does not serve patients in the community must only complete and submit the 2018 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. For those ALP LHCSAs submitting both reports, the submission date of the first successfully submitted report will be considered the submission date for the agency.
Please review the Dear Administrator Letter (DAL) issued in September to note revisions in the report and software platform changes from last year. The DAL also provides a summary of the financial and operating penalty provisions set in statute if a LHCSA does not submit their report on time.
Please do not wait until the last few days before the deadline to complete the report. Agencies that wait until the last week to download the software and the report may encounter system delays and wait times for support staff assistance due to limited system and personnel resources. Support personnel will not be available on the deadline date of Nov. 16, 2019.
The following documents are available on the HCS to assist you:
- DAL DHCBS 19-10, including a document that outlines all changes made from last year's 2017 LHCSA Statistical Report.
- Instruction document on uninstalling the old Report Manager Software, downloading and installing the revised Report Manager Software, and downloading the Report.
- Instruction document that reviews all forms to be used for the 2018 LHCSA Statistical Report.
- Instruction document that reviews all forms to be used for the 2018 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for LHCSAs, which will be updated and distributed multiple times during the reporting period.
- FAQ document for ALP LHCSAs, which will be updated and distributed multiple times during the reporting period.
Last year's instructional training videos are also still available on the HCS, just beneath the documents listed above.
Important to note: The Report Manager Software has been revised. If you downloaded the software last year, you must uninstall the old software and install the new software. Instructions for this are located on the HCS. Please note that when you are downloading the report, you must not open the zip file; just save the file. You will open the report using the Universal Data Collection System (UDCS) Report Manager Software.
If you have any questions, please send an email to HCStatRpts@health.ny.gov.
Contact: Meg Carr Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8871