LHCSA Statistical Report and ALP LHCSA Statistical Report Posted by DOH
The 2019 Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA) Statistical Report and the 2019 Assisted Living Program (ALP) LHCSA Statistical Report have been opened by the Department of Health (DOH) and are available for download and completion. The due date is Dec. 31, 2020. The Department posted a Dear Administrator Letter (DAL) and several instructional documents on the Health Commerce System (HCS) to assist providers in completion of the report.
LHCSA Registration Process
LHCSAs that were licensed during the current year, 2020, will be automatically registered for and may provide services and bill during 2020. In addition, they may register for 2021 using the LHCSA Registration Short Form, a Health Emergency Response Data System (HERDS) survey on the HCS. All other LHCSAs must register for 2021 by successfully submitting a complete 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report and/or 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report.
All ALP LHCSAs must submit the 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. An ALP LHCSA serving patients in the community must also fill out and submit all sections of the 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report to report data for these community patients. ALP LHCSAs only serving their residents must only complete and submit the 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report. For those ALP LHCSAs submitting both reports, the submission date of the first successfully submitted report will be considered the submission date for the agency for registration purposes.
The 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report and the 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report will use the DOH-developed Universal Data Collection System (UDCS) platform.
- Providers should review the several instructional documents provided.
- Only those assigned the HCS Administrator Role will be allowed to submit the report. It is imperative that your agency’s HCS Administrator Role assignments be accurate and up to date. The LHCSA Administrators from the 2018 Statistical Report are currently loaded on the Healthcare Financial Data Gateway. New Administrators will be added manually. If you are unable to access the report on the Healthcare Financial Data Gateway, please send an email to HCStatRpts@health.ny.gov to ensure that permissions to access the UDCS platform are in place.
- The UDCS application and the LHCSA Statistical Report forms must be downloaded from the HCS and installed on a user’s computer. There have been changes to the software; therefore, users will need to download the revised software. Users designated by the agency can then enter the required data.
Revisions to the Report
- The 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report will be very similar to the 2018 LHCSA Statistical Report.
- A question has been added to the LSR1 Agency form so that LHCSAs providing companion care services can report this line of business.
- The 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report will be the same as last year’s report.
- Providers should continually monitor the HCS. Information will be provided through the HCS, including directions for downloading and installing the UDCS application and the LHCSA Statistical Report forms, suggestions for using the application in different technical environments and organizational structures, entering data into the forms, and submitting the completed report.
In addition to the DAL, the following attachments (also housed on the HCS) are available for agencies to utilize when completing the report:
- Attachment 1: Instructions on Downloading and Installing UDCS Report Manager and Shell
- Attachment 2: 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report Instructions
- Attachment 3: 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Attachment 4: 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report Instructions
- Attachment 5: 2019 ALP LHCSA Statistical Report FAQ
Please read these documents carefully. The 2019 LHCSA Statistical Report is extensive, and the successful registration of your LHCSA depends upon your submission of an acceptable LHCSA Statistical Report. Questions, comments, and concerns may be sent to HCStatRpts@health.ny.gov.
Members should feel free to email or call if they have concerns or questions with the report.
Contact: Meg Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-929-9342