DOH Seeks Vendor Input Regarding Vehicle Evaluation and Modification Services
A Request for Information (RFI) issued by the Department of Health (DOH), Office of Health Insurance Programs (OHIP), on Sept. 13th seeks to obtain vendor input to assist the Department with information and solutions relating to evaluation and modification services for enrollee requests for vehicle modification for enrollees of programs administered by the Department, including the New York State Medical Indemnity Fund and several Medicaid waivers such as the Children’s Waiver, the Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Waiver, and the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver, and such other programs as may be assigned to or administered by the Department.
Specifically, the RFI seeks to:
- Determine the level of interest of qualified and experienced firms to perform vehicle modification evaluations in accordance with relevant program regulations and/or requirements. Vehicle modifications are adaptations and/or changes to the structure and internal design of existing vehicle equipment to accommodate the needs of the program enrollee;
- Develop a better understanding of the vendor’s needs to successfully perform a vehicle modification evaluation for eligible program enrollees;
- Describe the length of time typically needed to perform the initial vehicle evaluation for a qualified recipient;
- Understand the means and steps involved with communicating the results of the vehicle evaluation to a certified vehicle modification equipment provider;
- Understand the most common type of vehicle modification request;
- Develop a better understanding of the requirements needed to receive certification through the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) to become a New York State mobility equipment dealer;
- Understand the processes of the vehicle modification evaluator to ensure that the recommended scope of work and modifications has been successfully followed and installed by the modification provider; and
- Obtain a more comprehensive understanding of emerging trends in the industry.
Input from all interested parties is welcome, but DOH is especially interested in receiving feedback from those who have successfully performed evaluation services and/or vehicle modifications in New York State.
Important dates and deadlines for the RFI include:
- RFI Release Date: Sept. 13, 2021
- Deadline to Submit Questions: Oct. 1, 2021 by 4 p.m. ET
- Answers to Questions (via Addendum or Revised RFI): Oct. 12, 2021
- RFI Response Due Date: Oct. 26, 2021 by 3 p.m. ET
The full RFI is available here.
Contact: Meg Everett, email@example.com, 518-929-9342