LeadingAge NY Comments on LTC Need Methodologies and Innovative Models Recommendations
LeadingAge NY has submitted comments on draft recommendations of the Department of Health’s (DOH) workgroup on Need Methodologies and Innovative Models. The workgroup, on which LeadingAge NY is represented, was formed as part of the DOH Health Care Regulatory Modernization Initiative.
Among the draft recommendations are to:
- Incorporate age-friendly concepts, community provider linkages, quality efforts/measures, Olmstead principles, and behavioral health competence in the Certificate of Need (CON) process;
- Modernize the licensure process for Assisted Living Residences and Adult Homes by including these provider types in the electronic CON system;
- Update the need methodology for hospice, explore more education on hospice, and address barriers to hospice use and the need for integration of hospice in managed care;
- Proceed with the recommended update of the nursing home need methodology and explore need for specialty services such as ventilator-dependent beds;
- Update the need for Certified Home Health Agencies (CHHAs) and conduct an analysis of CHHA finances.
LeadingAge NY supports most of these recommendations, but we offered input to modify them and further clarify how the recommendations would be implemented.
LeadingAge NY encourages members to review the draft recommendations and our feedback, and to advise us of any comments, concerns, or questions.
Contact: Dan Heim, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8866