OTDA Provides Text of Amended State Supplemental Program Regulations
The State Supplemental Program (SSP) regulations were recently amended, and the text of the amended regulations is available here. The updated regulations describe a revised framework and technical revisions to the SSP including eligibility clarification and the basis and timing requirements of the SSP benefit. The amendments include clarifications of aspects of the SSP, including, but not limited to:
- Who is eligible to participate in the SSP based on the initial eligibility determination transmitted from the Social Security Administration to New York State (NYS) via the State Data Exchange process;
- The intended uses for SSP or State Supplemental Personal Needs Allowance benefit issuances;
- That benefits will not be issued once a participant’s death has been verified;
- Time frames for timely reporting by SSP participants and circumstances under which underpayment and retroactive benefits will issue; and
- That NYS has the right to operate the SSP under State rules.
A condensed list of the sections that have been amended may be found here. Of note, the amended regulations shorten the timeframe for an applicant to respond to a request for information or documentation from 30 days to 10 days. Questions may be referred to OTDA at email@example.com.