LeadingAge Needs Data From Assisted Living Members ASAP for Possible Funding
According to our colleagues at LeadingAge National, relief funds for private-pay assisted living providers are under consideration by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS has requested our assistance in gathering specific information on licensed senior living providers, including assisted living, memory care, and continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs). LeadingAge President and CEO Katie Smith Sloan is asking for members to act quickly in providing necessary information to help facilitate this. The deadline is July 31, 2020, 5 p.m. ET.
Please see the below message from Katie:
A distribution to private-pay assisted living is not fully confirmed, nor are details about how an allocation might be distributed. However, providing HHS with this data is an important step forward and we appreciate your help in being responsive to their request.
Entities that offer licensed/registered/certified assisted living/memory care should start preparing the following:
- Name of licensed/registered/certified assisted living and/or memory care community
- Name of entity that holds the license/registration/certification
- Community license/registration/certification number (some states may not provide a number)
- Corresponding Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Taxpayer ID Number for the filing company
- Contact information for the person submitting data
- Include licensed assisted living that is part of a life plan community/CCRC—even if the skilled nursing facility associated has already received funding from the Provider Relief Fund
A group of national trade associations—Argentum, AHCA/NCAL, LeadingAge, and ASHA—are now preparing a secure data collection portal for your information. We’ll get the link to the portal and instructions to you as soon as possible so you can input your data safely by July 31.
Please share this email with other providers. You do not need to be a member of a senior living trade association to participate in this secure and confidential data-collection effort.
We’ll keep you informed and have more details soon.
Thank you for your fast action in support of this vital aid to our industry. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Fallon at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Diane Darbyshire, email@example.com, 518-867-8828