2022 ADHCC Budget Advocacy Underway
ADHCC is engaging in state budget advocacy and we need your help. We're asking members to reach out to their State legislators over the next two weeks on two critical issues of importance regarding adult day health care. Please take a look at the advocacy tools below to help with your outreach.
Our two main ADHC asks are:
- Increase the Medicaid reimbursement rate for ADHC programs, including the ADHC transportation rate. Medicaid rates have not been adjusted to cover increased costs since 2008 for both ADHC programs and ADHC transportation. ADHC programs are struggling to transport registrants to program as transportation providers cannot cover their costs with the current rate.
- Preserve telehealth flexibilities afforded to ADHC programs during the pandemic. ADHC programs are still utilizing telehealth to reach registrants who cannot attend program due to program capacity limits caused by COVID-19. We need these modalities to be a permanent fixture in the delivery of ADHC. Programs provide social work, case management, medication support and other services via telehealth and need adequate reimbursement for these services. Further, ADHCC supports the inclusion of ADHC within the Governor's telehealth parity proposal that would provide reimbursement for telehealth on par with in-person services.
ADHCC Advocacy Tool Kit includes:
- Digital Phone2Action Action Alert; This will be sent to your State Senator, State Assemblymember and the Governor; also there are options to share with friends and on Twitter and Facebook to generate more traction;
- Find My Senator; Look for the contact information to reach out to your member in the Albany office or their district office.
- Find my Assemblymember;
- ADHCC Issue Brief;
- Talking Points and Tips for Talking to Legislators and Staff;
- Guide to Virtual Advocacy;
- Six Tips to Achieve a Productive Virtual Meeting; and,
- Legislative Scheduling Guide.
We ask programs to call or Zoom their legislator (or staff) over the next two weeks, either in the Albany office or district office, and email our ADHCC Issue Brief. Explain to them your program challenges over the last few years and specifically mention our 2 bullet points.
Also, send them our digital Phone2Action letter (link above) immediately. Send these to your ADHC staff to send their legislators as well.
ADHCC will be holding an ADHCC Advocacy Zoom Meeting on Friday at 1pm to give tips on lobbying and answer any questions members may have.
Topic: ADHCC - Tips for Effective Lobbying
Time: Feb 18, 2022 01:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 989 1544 0731
We urge all programs to engage in this effort and reach out to legislators (or staff) by phone or a zoom call during the next few weeks to introduce yourselves and talk about these two budget issues. ADHCC will also engage in additional meetings with State leadership and staff.
Members should feel free to ask questions about advocacy at our upcoming meetings listed above or contact me directly. There are no dumb questions!
Contact: Meg Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518 867-8871.