Free Weekly Educational Series for ADHC Providers Beginning April 21st
LeadingAge New York and Adult Day Health Care Council– in partnership with The New York Academy of Medicine - will be offering a FREE online learning community for adult day health care staff across New York State. Members and non-members alike are invited to participate.
Participants will receive education on best practices from renowned experts and learn from their peers. Each interactive weekly session will give ADHC staff an opportunity to raise concerns and discuss real front-line problems with both experts and peers, and to hear practical solutions. Staff from across the long term care continuum (such as assisted living and nursing home) will also be participating. The training will include the following topics:
- Ongoing COVID-19 identification and treatment-recognizing patients with COVID, post-COVID syndromes, testing, treatment and cohorting
- Emotional and organization support for staff
- Vaccinations- vaccine confidence, testing, logistics, and complications
- Addressing and supporting needs of registrants and families- isolation, family communication
- Stopping the spread—building sustainable infection control practices
- Leadership behaviors to support teams during COVID-19 –teamwork, roles and psychological safety
This training and mentoring program is part of the National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network supported by the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in collaboration with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and Project ECHO.
You are invited to join this phase of Project ECHO sessions that will begin on Wednesday, April 21st, from 2 - 3:30pm. We hope that you will confirm your participation by registering at this link.
This training is geared towards clinical staff including nurses, social workers, case managers, CNAs, infection control personnel, and administrative officers (e.g., nurse leaders, medical directors). Participants will increase their knowledge of infection control and quality improvement and receive the support of a network of peers and colleagues. The weekly sessions will last about an hour.
Please don’t forget to register here and confirm your continued participation. After you register your program (if your organization operates more than one ADHC program, register each site separately), you will receive Zoom invitations for the weekly sessions. Any ADHC staff person can participate in any of the weekly programs.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.