ADHCC Offers Free Webinar NYSARC
Webinar Training: Using a Pooled Trust to Protect Benefit Eligibility
Presented by: NYSARC Trust Services
Nadia I. Arginteanu, Esq. – Trust Counsel
Sarah Szewczyk – Director of Outreach
WHEN: Wednesday, February 27th from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
As providers of adult day health care services, you support people of many ages with varying disabilities and chronic health conditions who may be receiving or could benefit from receiving Medicaid and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
Attend this webinar to learn how a pooled supplemental needs trust (SNT) could help your registrants qualify and maintain eligibility for these essential services, while paying bills that allow them to stay in the community and purchase life-enhancing items and services that improve living situations.
NYSARC will provide a detailed overview of pooled SNTs and the benefits for individuals and their network of providers by helping people maintain their eligibility for benefits. Attendees will learn how to join a pooled trust, what the trust can pay for to improve the lives of your registrants, and ensure it meets the regulations set by Federal and New York State statute.
- How can a pooled trust help people with disabilities and seniors qualify financially for Community Medicaid services to get care at home and maintain independence in the community
- How to protect benefit eligibility when a person comes into a sum of money that could impact their eligibility to receive services
- Who is eligible and how to identify when a pooled trust is right for a program registrant
- What are the costs and steps to establish a pooled trust?
- What can the trust pay for based on the guidelines and regulations set by Federal and New York State statute
- Get tips to help registrants maximize the funds in a trust account to protect benefits and improve their quality of life
- What happens to the trust when a person is permanently placed in a nursing home and transitions to Institutional Medicaid