DOH Issues Revised Guidance on Discontinuation of Transmission-Based Precautions
On May 3, 2021, the Department of Health (DOH) issued a revised Health Advisory regarding discontinuation of transmission-based precautions (TBP) for individuals with COVID-19 who are hospitalized or in nursing homes, adult care facilities (ACFs), or other congregate settings with vulnerable residents. The Advisory supersedes previous guidance issued on April 21, 2020.
For individuals who are admitted to or remain in these settings, DOH recommends discontinuation of TBP for individuals with COVID-19 as outlined in the Advisory.
The Advisory provides guidance on the following situations:
- Symptom-based strategy for asymptomatic individuals or individuals with mild-to-moderate illness who are NOT severely immunocompromised;
- Symptom-based strategy for individuals with severe-to-critical illness who are NOT severely immunocompromised.
- Symptom-based strategy for individuals who are severely immunocompromised.
- Discontinuation of TBP for individuals with suspected COVID-19.
- Discontinuation of TBP for individuals exposed to COVID-19.
- Test-based strategy.
Contact: Dawn Carter, email@example.com, 518-859-1695