2014 CCRC Summer Summit Concludes
2014 marks the 10th anniversary of the LeadingAge NY Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) Summer Summit; held this year on July 31 and Aug. 1 at Kendal at Ithaca, the location of our very first Summit.
As in years past, this conference focused on regulatory and operational issues specific to the unique concerns of CCRC communities arising from Articles 46 and 46A and Department for Financial Services oversight. In addition, it always provides for a great opportunity for communities to network and share.
The speakers at this year’s Summit included:
- Dan Governanti, executive director, Kendal at Ithaca
- Patrick Cucinelli, senior vice president for financial policy, LeadingAge NY
- Alyssa Lovelace, government relations analyst, LeadingAge NY
- Stephanie Chedid, president, Cleary Gull Advisors, Inc.
- Liz Kormos, president, Kormos and Company LLC
- Kathleen M. Goff, associate, RLPS Architects
- Brian McGovern, Esq., partner, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, LLP
- Pamela Landman, special counsel, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Steve Maag, director of residential communities, LeadingAge
- Rod Rolett, executive vice president, HJ Sims
- Michael Heeran, director, Nursing Home Licensure and Certification NYSDOH
We have the following Summit presentations posted:
Our sponsors included:
As always, the leadership of our CCRC Cabinet and the support of our members was critical to our success. LeadingAge NY wishes to thank all our presenters and sponsors for making this event possible and supporting the New York CCRC community. I want to personally acknowledge LeadingAge NY staff member Ken Harris for participating in our special dinner feature: Recalling Ten Years of Summits. We especially want to thank Dan Governanti and the staff at Kendal at Ithaca for their warmth and hospitality in making the tenth anniversary Summit a very special event indeed.
Contact: Patrick Cucinelli, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-867-8827