SSI and SSP for the Adult Care Facility Resident: What You Need to Know - On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference
Date Recorded: June 20, 2018
Program Summary: Adult Care Facilities (ACFs) that serve individuals that are eligible for Congregate Care Level 3 Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and State Supplement Program (SSP) offer assistance to their residents in accessing, maintaining and managing their benefits. This session will provide an overview of this benefit, eligibility guidelines and how the federal and state program work together. Much of the session will address questions that LeadingAge New York members have submitted regarding:
- The application process;
- Rules around personal needs allowance;
- Review of rep payee requirements;
- Discussion of how events, such as an inheritance, might affect eligibility;
- Review of leave of absence documentation; and
- Resources, should your residents have problems with their benefits.
Target Audience: ACF/AL Administrators, and case managers.
Speakers: Everett Lo, Social Security Administration, New York Regional Public Affairs Office, New York, Robert Dowd, temporary assistance specialist II, NYS Supplemental Program, Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, Albany, and Valerie Deetz, director, Division of ACF and AL Surveillance, NYS Department of Health, Albany.
Credit available: Up to 1.5 hours of continuing education credit will be awarded to adult care facility and assisted living professional upon verification of the hours attended.
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: Free; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1.5) hours of ACF/AL credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handout. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.