Reducing Hospitalizations in the Long Term Care Continuum - On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference
Date Recorded: June 14, 2017
Program Summary: This audio conference reviews methods and policies aimed at reducing preventable hospital readmissions from the LTC setting and the efficacy of these policies from evidence-based literature. The audience will learn how to identify risk factors in the patient population and facility that influence hospital readmissions. Tools for tracking and reporting transfers will be discussed. As an introduction to this topic, we will review the top reasons for preventable hospital readmissions across the LTC setting and discuss current and upcoming regulations / initiatives that implicate reimbursement for these readmissions. These topics will be tied together through interactive case studies throughout the program.
After this program, listeners will be able to:
- Identify causes for preventable hospitalizations
- Describe methods and policies to reduce hospital readmissions
- Implement tracking and reporting tools to monitor and improve readmission rates
Target Audience: CEOs, Administrators, DONs/Nursing staff
Speaker: Paul Nolan, Pharm.D., R.Ph., institutional & consultant pharmacist, HealthDirect Pharmacy Services
Credit available: 1 hour of NAB credit until June 13, 2018.
This audio conference is sponsored by the Foundation for Long Term Care (FLTC). The FLTC is a certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care (NAB). This program has been approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit for nursing home administrators under its sponsor agreement with NAB/NCERS. State Licensure boards, however, have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1) hour of NAB credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout. NAB credit expires on June 13, 2018. If you are seeking credit, please be sure to submit your forms before then.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit certificates will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handouts. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.