QAPI Approaches to Managing Risk and Avoiding Lawsuits - On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference
Date Recorded: May 3, 2016
Program Summary: This presentation will guide learners to understand the power of using Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI) as a defense tool against claims of negligence. Using the QAPI approach, facilities can track trends and remediate issues to reduce their risks for a potential lawsuit. Ideas for staff training and resources will be shared.
Target Audience: CEOs, Administrators, DONs/nursing staff, Social Workers
Speaker: Carol Marshall, MA, OmniSure Consulting
Credit available: 1 hour of NAB credit until May 2, 2017.
This audio conference is sponsored by the Foundation for Long Term Care (FLTC). The FLTC is a certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care (NAB). This program has been approved for 1 hour of continuing education credit for nursing home administrators under its sponsor agreement with NAB/NCERS. State Licensure boards, however, have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1) hour of NAB credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout. NAB credit expires on May 2, 2017. If you are seeking credit, please be sure to submit your forms before then.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit certificates will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handouts. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.