Organizational Compliance with the Safe Patient Handling Act - On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference
Date Recorded: Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016
Public Health Law 2997 took effect January 1, 2016, requiring the implementation of safe patient handling policies and programs by health care facilities. This audio program is designed to help you develop a program that will comply with the legislative requirements. To be discussed:
- Review of the Safe Patient Handling Act legislation;
- What you need to do to meet the legislative requirement;
- A review and sharing of a SNF Safe Patient Handling Policy;
- Challenges and implementation process; and
- Examples of the benefits of safe patient handling from three skilled nursing facilities.
Target Audience: CEOs, Administrators, DONs/nursing staff, Directors of Rehabilitation/rehab staff
Speaker: Mark Constantino, OTR/L, director of rehabilitation, The Heritage Ministries, Jamestown, NY
Credit available: 1 hour of NAB credit until Feb. 24, 2017
This audio conference is sponsored by the Foundation for Long Term Care (FLTC). The FLTC is a certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care (NAB). This program has been submitted for 1 hour of continuing education credit for nursing home administrators under its sponsor agreement with NAB/NCERS. State Licensure boards, however, have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1) hour of NAB credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout. NAB credit expires on Feb. 24, 2017. If you are seeking credit, please be sure to submit your forms before then.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit certificates will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handouts. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.