Medicare Part A Payment Reform: Introduction to RCS-I-On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference Series
Date Recorded: Dec 5, 2017
Program Summary: The Medicare SNF Part A Resident Classification System (RCS-I) is targeted for implementation on October 1, 2018, per CMS’ May 4, 2017 Advanced Notice of Program Rule Making. While the system structure and effective date may change, providers should familiarize themselves with the program’s mechanics and implications, as RCS will have a dramatic impact on SNF revenue distribution, ancillary contracting and care management strategies. This RCS “primer” will provide an overview of program dynamics for administrators, clinicians and financial professionals.
Target Audience: Administrators, Assistant Administrators, CEOs, CFOs of nursing homes
Speaker: Marc Zimmet, president, Zimmet Healthcare Services Group, LLC, Morganville, NY
Credit available: 1 hour of NAB credit until Dec 5, 2018 and/or 1 hour of CPE credit for CPAs.
NAB: This audio conference is sponsored by the Foundation for Long Term Care (FLTC). The FLTC is a certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care (NAB). This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of continuing education credit for nursing home administrators under its sponsor agreement with NAB/NCERS. State Licensure boards, however, have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
CPA: LeadingAge New York/FLTC is authorized by the NYS Education Department to award continuing professional education (CPE) credits to individuals who successfully complete coursework in the following subject areas: “Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Advisory Services and Specialized Knowledge and Applications.”
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1) hour of NAB, credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout. NAB credit expires on Dec. 5, 2018. If you are seeking credit, please submit your forms before then.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit certificates will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handout. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.