Don't Allow PBJ to Make a Mess of Your 5-Star Rating-On-Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference
Date Recorded: May 9, 2018
Program Summary: The way that nursing homes are assigned star ratings in the staffing domain is changing. As soon as this month, the basis for staffing-related star ratings will change from information collected at the time of periodic survey to data reported quarterly through the Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) system as well as the MDS. The stakes have increased and PBJ data audits have begun. Join us to learn how CMS is using PBJ data to determine your 5-star staffing rating, hear about common issues being raised in PBJ audits, and understand what you should be doing to help protect your quality ratings. Participants will learn:
- How the new 5-star staffing rating is calculated using PBJ data
- What actions will trigger a one-star staffing rating
- Key areas of focus for PBJ auditors
- Why MDS assessment accuracy is now important for your 5-star staffing rating
Target Audience: Administrators, CFOs, HR Directors and staff, Quality Assurance Coordinators, Compliance Officers, DONs and MDS Coordinators.
Speaker: Don Feige, CEO, ezPBJ, Rochester
Credit available: 1 hour of NAB credit until May 8, 2019 and 1 hour of CPE credit for CPAs.
NAB: This audio conference is sponsored by the Foundation for Long Term Care (FLTC). The FLTC is a certified sponsor of professional continuing education with the National Association of Boards of Examiners for Long Term Care (NAB). This program has been approved for 1.00 hour of continuing education credit for nursing home administration under its sponsor agreement with NAB/NCERS. State Licensure boards, however, have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
CPA: LeadingAge New York/FLTC is authorized by the NYS Education Department to award continuing professional education (CPE) credits to individuals who successfully complete coursework in the following subject areas: "Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Advisory Services and Specialized Knowledge and Applications."
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes one (1) hour of NAB and/or (1) hour of CPA credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout. NAB credit expires on May 8, 2019. If you are seeking credit, please submit your forms before then.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit will be issued approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handout. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.