Current Issues of Importance to Billing Professionals Audio Conference Series - On Demand
Format: Recorded Audio Conference Series
Dates Recorded: Oct. 10, 17, and 24, 2018
Session 1: Medicaid
As the industry begins to transition away from MLTC and back to FFS Medicaid we need to ensure our billing processes are highly efficient. The session will include best practice billing ideas, budget letters and rosters, how to handle high dollar NAMIs and the implications of long term care insurance.
Session 2: Private Pay
Collecting from patients, whether it is for full room and board, NAMI or balance billing amounts, can be a difficult task. Facilities need to have the "right" people who are dedicated to collections efforts. Best practice collection ideas including timing of statements, electronic payments and admission agreement considerations will be discussed. Additionally, as the responsibility for collecting NAMIs is shifting back to facilities, we will review representative payee status.
Session 3: Managed Care Data Integrity and Denial Management
Managing the revenue cycle when faced with changing payer expectations and admission patterns as well as many other factors can be very challenging. Integration of how cross functional processes can improve claims management will be explored in this session. We will also review how documentation and archiving of clinical records impact your response to payer denials and how to avoid and respond to managed care denials from prior years.
Target Audience: Administrators, Assistant Administrators, CFOs and billing staff of nursing homes
Speakers: Andrea Hagen, MBA, director, and Karen Donovan, RAC-CT, director of clinical operations, Beacon Solutions Group, A Division of The Bonadio Group
Credit available: 1.5 hours of NAB credit until Oct. 9, 2019, and CPE credit for CPAs
This series has been approved for a total of 1.5 hours of continuing professional education for nursing home administrators and (CPE) credit for certified public accountants (CPAs). If you participate in:
- All 3 sessions: You will receive 1.5 NAB and/or CPEs.
- 2 of the 3 sessions: You will receive 1 NAB and/or CPE.
- 1 of the 3 sessions: You will receive 0 NAB and/or CPEs.
Registration Fee: LeadingAge NY Member: $99; Non-member: $199
- The fee includes up to 1.5 hours of CPE credit for up to four individuals from the same facility (not applicable to affiliates) and one (1) handout.
- Accepted Payment Method: Credit card only (American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover)
- Please note: Credit reports will be available approximately one month after purchase.
How the Recorded Audio Conference Works:
- If you would like to purchase this recording, please email your request to Leading-U@leadingageny.org. We will contact you for payment.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive via email a link to the recording and handouts. Please check your SPAM folder for these emails. If you do not receive them, please contact us.
Questions? Contact us at Leading-U@leadingageny.org or 518.867.8385.