2019 Call for Presentations
LeadingAge New York is seeking rich, engaging educational sessions that are applicable across the continuum of aging services. Conferences, seminars and audio conferences are held throughout the year and geared towards nursing home administrators, assisted living/adult home administrators, independent housing and home and community-based professionals, directors of nursing, finance, social work, rehabilitation, human resources, CCRC, recreation and activities and adult day health care.
This year's focus is on topics that are timely and applicable to members' day-to-day operations, focused rather than general in nature and that engage our attendees in an interactive way. We will give special consideration to sessions that solve a specific problem that members face, truly giving them concrete solutions to take away.
New this year is an opportunity to display your organization's in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of an issue that impacts the LeadingAge NY membership. Several of our conferences offer half-day and full-day preconference intensives that allows attendees a thorough and detailed exploration of an issue. These programs could be comprised of one speaker or several presenters addressing different perspectives and/or components of an issue. Maximize your organization's exposure to the conference attendees and share your expertise through this educational venue.
Conference Dates and Locations:
- Annual Conference & Exposition - May 20-22, 2019, Saratoga Springs. Attended by CEOs/administrators of all service lines.
- Housing Professionals Annual Conference - April 16-18, 2019, Syracuse. For affordable senior housing professionals, including property and facility managers, leadership with responsibility for housing development and service coordinators.
- Adult Day Health Care Annual Conference - April 4-5, 2019, Saratoga Springs. Attended by program directors of medical model adult day care programs.
- Financial Professionals Annual Conference - dates/locations to be determined. For CEOs, CFOs, Directors of Finance of all service lines.
- Recreation & Activity Professionals Conference - dates/locations to be determined. Therapeutic recreational specialists, directors of activity, leisure time specialists, program directors, TR and activity staff members and other professionals for all service lines.
- Nursing & Social Work Professionals Conference & Expo - dates/locations to be determined. For clinical and social work professionals for all service lines.
Click here for a list of suggestions from the selection committee and LeadingAge New York members.
Sessions are intended to educate/support learning and therefore will not sell, promote or pitch any specific product or service.
Proposals that offer an interactive shared-learning approach and sessions that are designed to focus on a creative solution to a specific challenge are especially preferred for 2019.
The selection committee endeavors to expand our educational format beyond the traditional teacher/student PowerPoint format. All presenters are encouraged to use other learning formats to allow for a deeper and more personalized learning experience for attendees, along with practical information they can take home and implement immediately such as:
- Case-study format
- Small group problem-solving
- Panels with LeadingAge NY members are encouraged (maximum of 3-4 panelists)
- Learning lounge format with speaker as facilitator with focus on topic discussion among attendees without a PowerPoint
- Utilization of audience response options, such as polling throughout the presentation
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality of content
- Timeliness and relevance of subject matter to service providers across the continuum of care
- Operationally focused, providing members with immediate "take-aways"
- Interactivity/inventiveness of the session (for in-person venues)
- Qualifications, expertise and experience level of the featured speaker(s) or panel
- Proposals that appear to be focused on selling a product or service will be rejected
Submitters for the Annual Conference & Exposition will be notified of the official status of their proposal when all final selections are made in January 2019. Submissions for all other 2019 programs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Presentations made to LeadingAge NY members are considered contributions to the profession, and all related expenses (honoraria, travel, and program development) are the responsibilities of the presenter(s).
For all programs, please complete the online proposal form by clicking here.
The deadline to submit session proposals for the 2019 Annual Conference & Exposition is Nov. 5, 2018.
All speakers must submit a resume and biography (required by continuing education credentialing agencies) to us at email@example.com.
If you submit a proposal for any programs past Nov. 5., please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org